CLEANING OUT MY VANITY

A few weeks ago, what started out as tidying up my room ended up being the BIGGEST destash I've ever done. I've been wanting to clean out my vanity after a while, but it never occurred to me that it'll be something as major as this. I mean, I've done it before on clothing... but makeup?! 

For the past year, I've invested so much in my makeup artist kit, that I've completely forgotten about myself. Heck, I haven't really bought anything for myself in quite a while now. I think the last time I  remember buying makeup for myself was back in 2015! Now that my MUA kit is more or less complete, I'm stoked to be focusing on my own collection again!

So in this post, I'm going to briefly walk you through with what's left of my vanity, and how I plan to organize my future collection. 
I had this vanity customized a few years back, which was supposedly inspired by the Ikea Linnmon-Alex Table. It's not an exact replica of what I wanted, but I was still super happy with how it turned out! I recently had it repainted, and added a glass table topper to add to the 'vanity' table aesthetic. My room is a bit cramped for space so I had to put my TV on it.
On the right side of the table is where I sometimes work with my laptop (or really just endlessly watch series or youtube videos) and do my makeup. Set up is a small LED mirror, and my "moodboard". Although, I do plan on replacing that LED mirror with one of those gigantic vanity mirrors with light bulbs!
The table has 4 layers of drawers, to which I divided into sections for my storage. First two drawers are dedicated for makeup, third is for skincare, and the last drawer's currently empty since I still haven't decided what goes in there. Backups, maybe? Though I don't really keep backups so I guess it'll just probably be an extra drawer? 
Like I said, first two drawers are for makeup, which I divided into more sections using these plastic organizers I bought at our local hardware. The first drawer holds my base products - primers, foundations, concealers, powders and makeup tools. As you can see, that's what's left in my top drawer: a Bourjois foundation given to me by my mom, my dirty Beauty Blender, Mac 217 and Shu Uemura lash curler.
Second drawer is for everything else - eyes, cheeks and lips. So, that would include eyeshadows, mascaras, eye liners, brow products, blushes, bronzers and contour powders, highlighters, lip balms, lip gloss and lipsticks. I allotted more space for my base products since they generally take up more space considering their sizes. These ones take up lesser space, so I can fit them all here. 
Here's what's left of my vanity. A few bullet and liquid lipsticks, lip balms, a highlighter and a brow pomade. I never really fully parted with my lip products during my clean out, hence still having a handful left. As for everything else, sayonara!

...and that's it for this post. Can't wait to start filling up my vanity again!

xx,


















Share:

0 comments