THE FEBRUARY (LONE) FAVORITE

For the month of St. Valentine, only one beauty item caught my attention, and it isn't heart shaped!


The name can be a mouthful, but this product has been my ULTIMATE skin savior!  Well, along with my Huxley Secret of Sahara Cream: More Than Moist Moisturizer. I first heard about this product from Soko Glam's Best of Beauty Awards, and while it was tempting, the price was quite steep and I really couldn't justify the purchase back then. But, since that *bad flaky skin story*, I may have gotten a bit desperate. 
Basically, an essence is a lightweight 'treatment' step that you 'pat into your skin' after your toner and before your serum or ampoule. It doesn't cleanse like a toner, and it's not as potent as a serum. It works by restoring the hydration you've lost during your cleansing process,  and bring back that 'bounce' to your skin. They can be applied in a single layer, or in multiple thin layers for a much more added hydration. As for me, I apply it in 3 layers, or 7 if I'm feeling a little fancy.

I didn't want any of it to go to waste, so I've only been using this at night because I wanted my skin to drink it all up and savor it as I slept versus using it in the morning knowing that I'll be piling make-up on top of it. Within the first few days of using it, I can already see how my skin has improved in terms of texture and overall condition. My skin was a lot smoother and hydrated, and those dry skin issues never occurred to me again. I've also noticed that all throughout the day, my skin looked and felt healthier and I no longer bothered on checking the mirror if my skin started looking lifeless and dull. I definitely owe some of that foundation-free confidence to this product.


The bottomline is that my skin seems to be enjoying this product, and although I'm not saying you MUST spend and get this, but if you have the extra cash, I say you give it a try! 


XX,




Share:

0 comments