AN (ETERNAL) SUMMER SURVIVAL GUIDE!

Summer break may be coming to an end, but if you live in a country where there’s more days of sun than rain, this guide might help you out all year long!
As someone who's ever so iffy about the hot weather, I find ways to make sure that my skin won't suffer from its damaging effects aka sagging and parched skin.  Here are some tips to help your skin survive the scorching heat of the sun!

1. Always, always wear sunscreen.
Whether it's just a 15-minute sun exposure or a day-long fun in the sun kind of day, sunscreen is always important. Sun exposure equals UV radiation equals premature aging, or worse, skin cancer! You wouldn't want to look like your 50's in your 30's, so make sure that sunscreen is always part of your skincare or makeup routine. When choosing your sunscreen, always choose products with at LEAST SPF 30. The higher, the better!

My daily sunscreen is this Apieu Madecassoside Sun Cream with SPF 39. Not only does it protect the skin from UV Rays, the Madecassoside content also helps with skin irritations such as redness and inflammation.

Another product I use mainly for its SPF is my It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream. It's my go-to product whenever I have an out-and-about day planned, because it works both as my sunscreen AND foundation. Talk about slashing minutes off my prep time!

2. Wear minimal, budge-proof base makeup, or don't use makeup at all!
Picture this: You're all glammed up with a full face of makeup on, but mid-day, everything's starting to slide off! Yikes! 

Sometimes, wearing makeup on extra hot days might not be the most comfortable thing to do. So wearing something light for your base like a concealer may be enough for you to survive the day. This thin, but long-wearing Kat Von D Lock-It Concealer + Corrector is what I usually use whenever I don't want to wear anything else for my base makeup.

4. Fix it real good!
On days where you DO need to wear makeup, make sure to fix it with a setting spray so that it'll last you the entire day. This Mac Prep + Prime Fix+ Coconut Spray is dual purpose - it sets your makeup, and the coconut water in it has hydrating properties too!

5. Hydrate your skin in EVERY way possible!
If you've been reading my old posts, you probably already know how much I talk about my dry skin. I always lean towards products that are moisturizing or hydrating. With the sun always shining, and shining a bit more during summer, making sure that your skin stays hydrated is very important. On days that are extra hot outside, moisturizer may sometimes be not enough when you REALLY want to hydrate your skin. My tip? Always incorporate moisture and hydration in every way possible!

Other than my beloved Too Faced HangoveRx Hydrating Primer, I also have my Glossier Priming Moisturizer on rotation when prepping my skin for makeup. We all know that good makeup application starts with a good base, so I make sure my primer is hydrating enough to create a smooth canvas. 

I hate hot weather, but I still love my early morning hot showers - cold water at 4 AM is unacceptable! All that steam and hot water is sure to dry out your skin, so be sure to protect them! I use my Make P:rem In-Shower Face Mask to create this barrier that protects and locks in the hydration. Talk about a bath time spa sesh! PS, this mask won't budge so you need not to worry about it slipping and sliding from the running water.

My Innisfree Jeju Orchid Intense Cream is something I recently added to my night time skincare routine. I still adore my Huxley More Than Moist Cream, and I use that on my morning routine. I wanted something more intensely hydrating so that my skin drenches  in it during my sleep, or use it in the morning whenever I feel like my skin is feeling parched.

At the end of my routine, I use a sleeping mask. I have a couple of sleeping masks on rotation, but this is Birch Juice Hydro Sleeping Pack from ENature is the one I own that focuses on quenching your skin during your sleep.

6. Cool yourself down, literally!
There are days where it's extra hot outside, and you just want to plop your face into an ice bucket. This SkinFood Freshmade Watermelon Mask gives you the same experience, without the icy mess! I got this face mask about a month ago, and I absolutely enjoyed using it ever since! It gives you this cooling sensation that helps soothe your tired (and in our case, hot) skin!

So there you have it, folks! My (eternal) summer guide to surviving the hot weather! As the saying goes, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.....and get back in with your heat-proof gear!

XX,

Share:

0 comments